Farmland prices on the rise
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- If you're trying to get into the farming business, be prepared to shell out more cash.
Prices to buy or rent California farm and ranch land broke records this year. The U.S. Agriculture Department reports the average price of California farmland stands at $7,200 an acre. Property that has access to irrigation has the highest prices.
Ag officials say improved prices for most of the state's crop are driving up the costs of farmland.
ag report, ag watch
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community
- Unemployment applications fall by 23,000
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system
- Budget improvements for Fresno Unified
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- Former Bullard Star Taylor Gets Coaching Start at Kerman
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos