Farmland prices on the rise
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- If you're trying to get into the farming business, be prepared to shell out more cash.
Prices to buy or rent California farm and ranch land broke records this year. The U.S. Agriculture Department reports the average price of California farmland stands at $7,200 an acre. Property that has access to irrigation has the highest prices.
Ag officials say improved prices for most of the state's crop are driving up the costs of farmland.
ag report, ag watch
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years