California sweet potato harvest boasts high quality
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The warm weather is helping sweet potato growers in California.
Last year's crop suffered some damage when heavy rains hit the early growth period of the sweet potatoes. Farmers say this year has been better, and as a result the crop has a consistent high quality.
The sweet potato harvest season started around Labor Day, and is expected to continue through November.
ag report, sweet potato, ag watch
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Surviving the mall's food court
- Accuweather Forecast
44 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos