California sweet potato harvest boasts high quality
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The warm weather is helping sweet potato growers in California.
Last year's crop suffered some damage when heavy rains hit the early growth period of the sweet potatoes. Farmers say this year has been better, and as a result the crop has a consistent high quality.
The sweet potato harvest season started around Labor Day, and is expected to continue through November.
ag report, sweet potato, ag watch
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Consumer Reports: Skip extended car warranties
- Diamond 'Dogs swept by New Mexico
- 'Dogs women's, men's hoops set for postseason
- Oprah Winfrey to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos