Survey: California wine in demand
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The California wine business is bracing for strong sales this year.
A newly released survey of wine executives and winemakers shows a strong and growing consumer base, which has vintners optimistic. Wine professionals describe their customers as savvy and value-conscious wine drinkers.
The annual survey also noted that demand for wine has not been matched by establishment of new vineyards in California, and that could lead to a long-term grape shortage.
ag report, grape - wine, ag watch
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man who woke up inside body bag dies
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach