New fungicides may save Calif avocado trees
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Scientists are waging a war against a pesky pest targeting avocado trees before it reaches California.
The beetle is threatening trees in several states where it has killed 90-percent of infected trees. Scientists are concerned the beetle will soon reach California, which is a major avocado production state.
Researchers are working to minimize the threat. Right now they're developing new fungicides to slow the spread of the disease.
ag report, avocado, ag watch
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home 43 min ago
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence
- Canada plans claim that would include North Pole
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno