Task forces battle theft on farms
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new effort is underway to curb metal theft and other property crimes at California farms.
Authorities say thieves are stealing everything from fuel to copper wiring to hay bales and other crops. Now law enforcement task forces have been created and expanded throughout the state to lower the spread of rural crime.
One task force in Northern California has arrested 37 suspects in recent months, recovering $170,000 dollars' worth of stolen property.
ag report, ag watch
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hours after contact drop
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust 30 min ago
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea 15 min ago
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 4 min ago
- Chowchilla Western Stampede attracts visitors
- Merced County marijuana grow lands man in jail
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- Fresno kidnap, sex assault suspect changes plea
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Good Sports: Clovis High baseball
- ABC30's Stephanie Stone welcomes baby girl
53 min ago