Task forces battle theft on farms
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new effort is underway to curb metal theft and other property crimes at California farms.
Authorities say thieves are stealing everything from fuel to copper wiring to hay bales and other crops. Now law enforcement task forces have been created and expanded throughout the state to lower the spread of rural crime.
One task force in Northern California has arrested 37 suspects in recent months, recovering $170,000 dollars' worth of stolen property.
ag report, ag watch
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase 54 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting 21 min ago
- 10 more bodies found inside sunken ferry by divers 12 min ago
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- California regulators propose coyote-killing ban
- More Latino than white students admitted to UC
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- Easter Brunch recipe
- Accuweather Forecast
34 min ago
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed...
57 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos