Strawberry growers gear up for holiday season
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- California strawberry growers are stepping up their efforts to give back to their local communities this holiday season.
The California Strawberry Commission says its members are launching new initiatives to cultivate strong ties with their communities. The roughly 500 family farmers in California who grow strawberries are teaming up to organize holiday gift drives, and scholarship programs.
The events are attracting large numbers of volunteers and donations.
ag report, strawberry, ag watch
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced 52 min ago
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Man wanted for shooting near Fresno ice rink arrested
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Photos: Winter Wonderland