Mushroom sales are booming across the country
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new report from the California-based mushroom council shows sales are up by 3.3 percent this year compared to last year.
Ag officials say people are buying more mushrooms because of their nutritional benefits. Experts say health-conscious consumers are after the Vitamin D found in the mushrooms.
This year growers shipped almost 480-million pounds of mushrooms.
ag report, mushroom, ag watch
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe 38 min ago
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide 10 min ago
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits