Mushroom sales are booming across the country
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new report from the California-based mushroom council shows sales are up by 3.3 percent this year compared to last year.
Ag officials say people are buying more mushrooms because of their nutritional benefits. Experts say health-conscious consumers are after the Vitamin D found in the mushrooms.
This year growers shipped almost 480-million pounds of mushrooms.
ag report, mushroom, ag watch
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident 16 min ago
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February 24 min ago
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor