Bad news for wheat farmers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The market for gluten-free food is booming.
A new market research report shows the market for products without the gluten protein found in wheat is now valued at $4-billion dollars. The report finds nearly two in ten people are avoiding products made with wheat.
The reason? Experts say a growing number of people are getting diagnosed with wheat-related food allergies.
Experts say the gluten-free craze may impact the wheat-producing industry as more and more people stop buying grains.
ag report, wheat, ag watch
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached 5 min ago
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Accuweather Forecast
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos