Bad news for wheat farmers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The market for gluten-free food is booming.
A new market research report shows the market for products without the gluten protein found in wheat is now valued at $4-billion dollars. The report finds nearly two in ten people are avoiding products made with wheat.
The reason? Experts say a growing number of people are getting diagnosed with wheat-related food allergies.
Experts say the gluten-free craze may impact the wheat-producing industry as more and more people stop buying grains.
ag report, wheat, ag watch
- Pedestrian killed in Fresno HWY 99 hit and run 3 min ago
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma 40 min ago
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
- Day 99 of Rhonda's 100 Day Fitness Challenge
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos