Researcher create new veggie
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Help is on the way for potato growers here in the Valley.
Scientists say they've created a type of "super" potatoes which could give a major boost the Valley's potato crop. Researchers say the potatoes have more nutrients and are three times more healthier than the regular spud variety.
The potato crop is one of he state's largest field crops, but is only a fraction of the value of almonds, pistachios, and grapes.
No word yet on when the "super" potatoes will be available to consumers.
ag report, potato, ag watch
- Fresno State's new president has been selected 5 min ago
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort 12 min ago
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Two Fresno State students share their stories from Oklahoma
- Senate panel approves immigration bill 55 min ago
- Xbox One to go on sale in late 2013
- 2016 Super Bowl to be played in 49ers' new stadium
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado
- Mysterious illness kills 2 in southeast Alabama
- Merced Co. may allow fireworks in unincorporated areas
- FUSD gives lessons on eating healthy
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Jodi Arias asks for life in prison