Researcher create new veggie
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Help is on the way for potato growers here in the Valley.
Scientists say they've created a type of "super" potatoes which could give a major boost the Valley's potato crop. Researchers say the potatoes have more nutrients and are three times more healthier than the regular spud variety.
The potato crop is one of he state's largest field crops, but is only a fraction of the value of almonds, pistachios, and grapes.
No word yet on when the "super" potatoes will be available to consumers.
ag report, potato, ag watch
- Large explosion, building collapse reported in Harlem 2 min ago
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Pre-exercise routine
47 min ago