California leads in organic farming
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- California is leading the country when it comes to sales of organic produce.
A new U.S. Department of Agriculture report shows more than 40-percent of sales of organic veggies and fruits come from California farms.
The report shows the Golden State is home to almost 2-thousand certified organic farms. That's the highest number in the nation.
ag report, organic, ag watch
- Teacher shot at Edison High School in Fresno 37 min ago
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case 21 min ago
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Accuweather Forecast
25 min ago
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos