California leads in organic farming
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- California is leading the country when it comes to sales of organic produce.
A new U.S. Department of Agriculture report shows more than 40-percent of sales of organic veggies and fruits come from California farms.
The report shows the Golden State is home to almost 2-thousand certified organic farms. That's the highest number in the nation.
ag report, organic, ag watch
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes burns one home 42 min ago
- El Tapatio fire prompts two business to evacuate in Fresno
- Fresno Police open fire on suspect after bike chase
- Hundreds of UC Merced students receive their degrees
- Firebaugh man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Investigators look into Merced house fire
- California Classic Weekend half marathon
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- Castaic-area brush fire fully contained
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos