Almond and walnut trees in high demand
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Nurseries across California are selling out of orchard trees.
Ag officials say the growing popularity of almonds and walnuts are impacting the demand for the commercial plant nurseries that sell young trees.
Nurseries say demand from farmers for new trees are so high that some nurseries have already sold out trees that will plant this winter, and are already taking orders for next year.
ag report, almonds, walnuts, ag watch
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?