Almond and walnut trees in high demand
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Nurseries across California are selling out of orchard trees.
Ag officials say the growing popularity of almonds and walnuts are impacting the demand for the commercial plant nurseries that sell young trees.
Nurseries say demand from farmers for new trees are so high that some nurseries have already sold out trees that will plant this winter, and are already taking orders for next year.
ag report, almonds, walnuts, ag watch
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident