Authorities look for serial nut thief
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Valley farmers are on high alert due to a serial walnut thief that is on the loose in California.
Ag officials say authorities are investigating the theft of 80-thousand pounds of walnuts worth $300-thousand.
The theft happened in Northern California. Investigators were alerted to the theft after a truck load of walnuts failed to show up in Florida as expected. Another truck load was stolen a few days earlier in the same area.
Detectives believe a serial nut thief is behind thefts. Investigators say the driver who picked up the truck-load was not the person who had been hired to carry out the job.
ag report, walnuts, ag watch
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident 56 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit 27 min ago
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Fresno County veteran receives national award
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly