Value of organic farms growing in California
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The number and value of organic farms here in California is growing.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture just released a new survey showing California's organic farms are now worth $1.3 billion. The report also shows nearly 70-percent of all U.S. organic berry sales were produced in the golden state.
California also produced the most organic milk and eggs in the country. The 2011 Certified Organic Production Survey looks at acreage, production, and sales data for all organic crops.
ag report, organic, ag watch
- Teacher shot at Edison High School in Fresno
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos