Value of organic farms growing in California
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The number and value of organic farms here in California is growing.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture just released a new survey showing California's organic farms are now worth $1.3 billion. The report also shows nearly 70-percent of all U.S. organic berry sales were produced in the golden state.
California also produced the most organic milk and eggs in the country. The 2011 Certified Organic Production Survey looks at acreage, production, and sales data for all organic crops.
ag report, organic, ag watch
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase 52 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting 19 min ago
- 10 more bodies found inside sunken ferry by divers 10 min ago
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- California regulators propose coyote-killing ban
- More Latino than white students admitted to UC
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- Easter Brunch recipe
- Accuweather Forecast
32 min ago
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed...
55 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos