Calif wine-grape harvest ends with good results
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The California wine-grape harvest is now complete, and this year's crop is bigger than last years.
The California Wine Institute just released the 2012 Wine Grape Harvest Report showing this year's crop weighed in at 3.7 million tons. That's up from last year's harvest.
Wine-makers say this years harvest is excellent, and the fruit will create outstanding wines. Ag officials say favorable weather lead to the great harvest and to the high-quality fruit.
ag report, grape - wine, ag watch
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- 10 more bodies found inside sunken ferry by divers
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Singer Juan Gabriel released from Vegas hospital
- Easter Brunch recipe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos