Holidays give boost to dairies
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Dairy farmers have an extra reason to celebrate this holiday season.
Ag officials say the holidays are giving dairy sales a major boost. The higher demand for dairy comes at a time when many farmers are struggling financially, because of high feed costs.
Dairy processors say they're working hard to keep up with the increase in sales of butter, eggnog and other dairy products during the holiday season. Processors say they anticipated the rise in consumption, so they started building up their inventory as early as September.
Processors say expect to see higher prices for butter this year, because demand is higher than in recent years.
ag report, dairy, ag watch
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence