Calif lemon production expected to increase
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Growers in California expect lemon production to make a comeback this year.
A freeze affected production in 2011, especially in desert growing regions. Lemon growers say with better weather conditions and no freezes this year, production for the state is expected to be higher than in average years.
Although prices have been a little low, some growers expect demand for their produce will cause prices to pick up as the season progresses.
ag report, citrus, lemon, ag watch
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos