Calif lemon production expected to increase
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Growers in California expect lemon production to make a comeback this year.
A freeze affected production in 2011, especially in desert growing regions. Lemon growers say with better weather conditions and no freezes this year, production for the state is expected to be higher than in average years.
Although prices have been a little low, some growers expect demand for their produce will cause prices to pick up as the season progresses.
ag report, citrus, lemon, ag watch
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87 3 min ago
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors 52 min ago
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Teen kicked in head taking selfie in front...
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos