California almonds find home in Russia
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Russia now gets more than 90-percent of almonds for its confectionary industry from the United States -- most of them come from California.
The number is fairly high since U.S. almonds didn't get into the Russian market until 2005. Almonds exports to Russia reached $90-million this year.
California produces about 80-percent of the world's almonds.
ag report, russia, almonds, ag watch
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals