Students sell livestock at the Red Wave Classic
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The university hosted its 17th annual Red Wave Classic prospect show on Saturday. Dozens of people came out to buy steers, lambs, and goats.
Students from the Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology spent the last year raising the animals that went up for sale. They say it takes a lot of dedication to get to this point.
"It's about the whole year. The whole year is about getting their sheep ready for the sale, from the moment they're born," said Ty Blanche, Fresno State Student.
Some of the students say it wasn't easy to sell the animals they spent so much time raising, but they were happy about the buyers. Many of the animals sold went to local 4H and FFA students who will show them at the Big Fresno Fair later this year.
fresno state, lamb, ag watch
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
- Grass fire contained in Fresno County
- Made in the Valley: Top O' The Morn Farms
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos