Students sell livestock at the Red Wave Classic
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The university hosted its 17th annual Red Wave Classic prospect show on Saturday. Dozens of people came out to buy steers, lambs, and goats.
Students from the Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology spent the last year raising the animals that went up for sale. They say it takes a lot of dedication to get to this point.
"It's about the whole year. The whole year is about getting their sheep ready for the sale, from the moment they're born," said Ty Blanche, Fresno State Student.
Some of the students say it wasn't easy to sell the animals they spent so much time raising, but they were happy about the buyers. Many of the animals sold went to local 4H and FFA students who will show them at the Big Fresno Fair later this year.
fresno state, lamb, ag watch
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- Pep Boys shops closed and under suspension
- Young woman dies in hit-run crash on Highway 99
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Clovis mother writes 'It's Ok, Mama Has Cancer'
- Arraignment postponed in accidental Fresno shooting
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Merced water restrictions a step closer to reality
- Car crash knocks doctor's office off its foundation
- Small Wyoming town evacuated after gas explosion
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Memory palace: coping with chemo brain
- Valley sees progress against air pollution