Report: Good year ahead for avocado farmers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The year is getting off to a good start for avocado farmers.
The U.S. Agriculture Department says Americans are eating more avocados, and the forecast for 2013 shows a good crop will be able to meet demand.
A new report says Americans are eating more than twice the amount of avocados than a decade ago. Farmers expect this year to be even better than last, when avocado supply from domestic and imported sources set a record.
ag report, avocado, ag watch
- Ryan Rodriquez found safe in Fresno County
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos