Report: Good year ahead for avocado farmers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The year is getting off to a good start for avocado farmers.
The U.S. Agriculture Department says Americans are eating more avocados, and the forecast for 2013 shows a good crop will be able to meet demand.
A new report says Americans are eating more than twice the amount of avocados than a decade ago. Farmers expect this year to be even better than last, when avocado supply from domestic and imported sources set a record.
ag report, avocado, ag watch
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy