Report: Good year ahead for avocado farmers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The year is getting off to a good start for avocado farmers.
The U.S. Agriculture Department says Americans are eating more avocados, and the forecast for 2013 shows a good crop will be able to meet demand.
A new report says Americans are eating more than twice the amount of avocados than a decade ago. Farmers expect this year to be even better than last, when avocado supply from domestic and imported sources set a record.
ag report, avocado, ag watch
- Fire truck overturns in multiple vehicle collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS 16 min ago
- Police investigate deadly Tower District stabbing
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
- New medical center breaks ground in Visalia
- Fresno City Council votes against planned bike lane
- Overseas lotto scams prey on elderly
- Bob Wills home threatened by development
- New bike trail underpass raises deadly crash questions
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos