More people are eating fruit as a snack
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new report says fresh fruit has become the number one snack in the country.
Researchers say increasing concerns over unhealthy diets are behind the increase. The report found consumers who are 65 and older eat the most fruit, followed by children under 12.
Teens between the ages of 13 and 17 eat the least amount of fruit, but researchers say their consumption increases as they get older.
ag report, ag watch
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes burns one home 18 min ago
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- Castaic-area brush fire fully contained
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos