More people are eating fruit as a snack
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new report says fresh fruit has become the number one snack in the country.
Researchers say increasing concerns over unhealthy diets are behind the increase. The report found consumers who are 65 and older eat the most fruit, followed by children under 12.
Teens between the ages of 13 and 17 eat the least amount of fruit, but researchers say their consumption increases as they get older.
ag report, ag watch
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles 32 min ago
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos