More people are eating fruit as a snack
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new report says fresh fruit has become the number one snack in the country.
Researchers say increasing concerns over unhealthy diets are behind the increase. The report found consumers who are 65 and older eat the most fruit, followed by children under 12.
Teens between the ages of 13 and 17 eat the least amount of fruit, but researchers say their consumption increases as they get older.
ag report, ag watch
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 29 min ago
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87