More people are eating fruit as a snack
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new report says fresh fruit has become the number one snack in the country.
Researchers say increasing concerns over unhealthy diets are behind the increase. The report found consumers who are 65 and older eat the most fruit, followed by children under 12.
Teens between the ages of 13 and 17 eat the least amount of fruit, but researchers say their consumption increases as they get older.
ag report, ag watch
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires