Value of almond-growing land in the Valley increasing
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Farmers have seen record-high revenue stemming from high demand for fruits, nuts and vegetables both in the country and other parts of the world
Demand has been particularly good for almond growers, who produce about 80 percent of the world's almonds.
That growth has prompted a rush for almond-growing land, pushing values even higher than that of citrus, grape or tree fruit land.
ag report, almonds, nut, central valley, ag watch
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes 52 min ago
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Accuweather Forecast
51 min ago
- Fresno State program gets students...
52 min ago
- Work underway on new mural in Downtown Fresno
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos