Farmers preparing for spring growth
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Tree fruit and nut growers are already looking ahead to the spring.
The US Agriculture Department says farmers of stone fruits, including peaches and plums, are already pruning trees as they get ready for the spring's growth.
Most stone fruits and nut trees are in a dormant phase, in which they benefit from the cold winter temperatures.
ag report, peach, plum, ag watch
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Search resumes for missing Malaysian jetliner
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting 13 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea 46 min ago
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- Educators inspiring girls to pursue STEM jobs
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- School running: Keeping kids moving
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos