Farmers preparing for spring growth
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Tree fruit and nut growers are already looking ahead to the spring.
The US Agriculture Department says farmers of stone fruits, including peaches and plums, are already pruning trees as they get ready for the spring's growth.
Most stone fruits and nut trees are in a dormant phase, in which they benefit from the cold winter temperatures.
ag report, peach, plum, ag watch
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles 51 min ago
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program get students interested in STEM classes 9 min ago
- Parlier students get iPad Airs 41 min ago
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Fresno State program get students...
10 min ago
- Work underway on new mural in Downtown Fresno
2 min ago
- Proposition 30 allows Parlier students to...
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos