Private Ag R&D increasing
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Private companies are increasing their role in funding agricultural research and development.
A USDA study found private investment has grown over recent years, especially in feed and bio-technology for crops. The study also found private investment is growing at a faster rate than public resources -- mainly because most private companies doing the research are global and have better resources to serve global markets.
ag report, ag research, ag watch
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze 47 min ago
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- OTRC: Paul Walker autopsy results released
- BART train evacuated after brake problem
- Family blames company for flammable water