California beef exports may reach record-breaking numbers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The U.S. Meat Export Federation is still waiting for the final 2012 numbers, but officials say they expected beef exports totals to surpass $5-billion. And this year may be even better.
Ag officials say exports to locations such as Japan and Hong Kong are expected to increase this year.
South Korea, Japan, and Hong Kong represent the top export markets for California beef.
ag report, beef, cattle, ag watch
- Fresno State's new president has been selected
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Two Fresno State students share their stories from Oklahoma
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Xbox One to go on sale in late 2013
- 2016 Super Bowl to be played in 49ers' new stadium
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado
- Mysterious illness kills 2 in southeast Alabama
- Merced Co. may allow fireworks in unincorporated areas
- FUSD gives lessons on eating healthy
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Jodi Arias asks for life in prison