California beef exports may reach record-breaking numbers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The U.S. Meat Export Federation is still waiting for the final 2012 numbers, but officials say they expected beef exports totals to surpass $5-billion. And this year may be even better.
Ag officials say exports to locations such as Japan and Hong Kong are expected to increase this year.
South Korea, Japan, and Hong Kong represent the top export markets for California beef.
ag report, beef, cattle, ag watch
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- 10 more bodies found inside sunken ferry by divers
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Singer Juan Gabriel released from Vegas hospital
- Easter Brunch recipe