California beef exports may reach record-breaking numbers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The U.S. Meat Export Federation is still waiting for the final 2012 numbers, but officials say they expected beef exports totals to surpass $5-billion. And this year may be even better.
Ag officials say exports to locations such as Japan and Hong Kong are expected to increase this year.
South Korea, Japan, and Hong Kong represent the top export markets for California beef.
ag report, beef, cattle, ag watch
- Ryan Rodriquez found safe in Fresno County
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Farmers markets hit by freeze
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos