Wine sales expected to grow this year
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- 2013 is shaping up to be a good year for wine producers.
Industry officials say U.S. wine sales are expected to grow by as much as eight percent this year -- despite fierce competition from imports. However, that's a slower rate of growth than in recent years.
Officials say the increase is good news for grape growers because wine producers are expected to buy more fruit this year.
ag report, grape - wine, ag watch
- Woman killed in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting 1 min ago
- Man shot in upper torso in Parlier; 1 person detained
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse 21 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County...
46 min ago