Wine sales expected to grow this year
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- 2013 is shaping up to be a good year for wine producers.
Industry officials say U.S. wine sales are expected to grow by as much as eight percent this year -- despite fierce competition from imports. However, that's a slower rate of growth than in recent years.
Officials say the increase is good news for grape growers because wine producers are expected to buy more fruit this year.
ag report, grape - wine, ag watch
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes 36 min ago
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
- 5 honored for helping save Clovis man's life
- Tulare burglary suspect shot, killed by TX trooper
- Did Apple map capture Loch Ness Monster?