Wine sales expected to grow this year
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- 2013 is shaping up to be a good year for wine producers.
Industry officials say U.S. wine sales are expected to grow by as much as eight percent this year -- despite fierce competition from imports. However, that's a slower rate of growth than in recent years.
Officials say the increase is good news for grape growers because wine producers are expected to buy more fruit this year.
ag report, grape - wine, ag watch
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home 18 min ago
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence
- Canada plans claim that would include North Pole
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno