Wine sales expected to grow this year
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- 2013 is shaping up to be a good year for wine producers.
Industry officials say U.S. wine sales are expected to grow by as much as eight percent this year -- despite fierce competition from imports. However, that's a slower rate of growth than in recent years.
Officials say the increase is good news for grape growers because wine producers are expected to buy more fruit this year.
ag report, grape - wine, ag watch
- Feds look to protect frogs, toad in Sierra Nevada
- Native American remains found during fishing trip
- 18-month-old child dies in Kern County house fire
- Mariposa fire evacuees are heading home
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini, 51, dies
- Brian Calhoun pleads not guilty in student attack
- Fresno City Manager Mark Scott resigns
- Panel restores some pay for California lawmakers, governor
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- Valley kids get a new perspective on water
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Porterville to vote on gay pride proclamation
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos