Wine sales expected to grow this year
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- 2013 is shaping up to be a good year for wine producers.
Industry officials say U.S. wine sales are expected to grow by as much as eight percent this year -- despite fierce competition from imports. However, that's a slower rate of growth than in recent years.
Officials say the increase is good news for grape growers because wine producers are expected to buy more fruit this year.
ag report, grape - wine, ag watch
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka 15 min ago
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies