UC to research fruit and nut diseases
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Orchard growers could soon learn new ways to farm more efficiently.
The University of California system has hired a researcher who will look into diseases affecting nut and fruit trees. The new specialist will also study production methods to enhance quality and help farmers conserve natural resources.
The California Pistachio Research Board donated money to support the new researcher.
ag report, u.c., pistachio, nut, ag watch
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno 57 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos