UC to research fruit and nut diseases
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Orchard growers could soon learn new ways to farm more efficiently.
The University of California system has hired a researcher who will look into diseases affecting nut and fruit trees. The new specialist will also study production methods to enhance quality and help farmers conserve natural resources.
The California Pistachio Research Board donated money to support the new researcher.
ag report, u.c., pistachio, nut, ag watch
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe