UC to research fruit and nut diseases
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Orchard growers could soon learn new ways to farm more efficiently.
The University of California system has hired a researcher who will look into diseases affecting nut and fruit trees. The new specialist will also study production methods to enhance quality and help farmers conserve natural resources.
The California Pistachio Research Board donated money to support the new researcher.
ag report, u.c., pistachio, nut, ag watch
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball! 1 min ago
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Car crashes into a parade injuring around 60 people
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Accuweather Forecast
57 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos