UC to research fruit and nut diseases
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Orchard growers could soon learn new ways to farm more efficiently.
The University of California system has hired a researcher who will look into diseases affecting nut and fruit trees. The new specialist will also study production methods to enhance quality and help farmers conserve natural resources.
The California Pistachio Research Board donated money to support the new researcher.
ag report, u.c., pistachio, nut, ag watch
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos