California is leading the country in vegetable production
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The US Agriculture Department said last year nearly half the fresh vegetables grown in the United States came from right here in California.
The US Agriculture Department said last year nearly half the fresh vegetables grown in the United States came from right here in California.
The Golden State also accounted for more than two thirds of the processed vegetables grown in the country. The report says the value of vegetables grown in California in 2012 totaled more than $6-billion. However, that was down about five-percent from the year before.
ag report, united states department of agriculture, ag watch
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Two killed in shooting in Lindcove 44 min ago
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses