California is leading the country in vegetable production
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The US Agriculture Department said last year nearly half the fresh vegetables grown in the United States came from right here in California.
The US Agriculture Department said last year nearly half the fresh vegetables grown in the United States came from right here in California.
The Golden State also accounted for more than two thirds of the processed vegetables grown in the country. The report says the value of vegetables grown in California in 2012 totaled more than $6-billion. However, that was down about five-percent from the year before.
ag report, united states department of agriculture, ag watch
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season 55 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident