California is leading the country in vegetable production
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The US Agriculture Department said last year nearly half the fresh vegetables grown in the United States came from right here in California.
The US Agriculture Department said last year nearly half the fresh vegetables grown in the United States came from right here in California.
The Golden State also accounted for more than two thirds of the processed vegetables grown in the country. The report says the value of vegetables grown in California in 2012 totaled more than $6-billion. However, that was down about five-percent from the year before.
ag report, united states department of agriculture, ag watch
- 4.1 earthquake shakes the Central Valley
- Vigil held for victims of gang violence in Porterville
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- FUSD fears losing millions for low-income students
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Clovis crash leaves motorcycle rider in critical condition
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- 2-year-old Fresno boy to be on America's...
2 min ago