USDA offers Farm to School grants
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The U.S. Department of Agriculture is now taking applications for its "Farm to School" grants.
The $5-million program helps connect schools with their local farmers, ranchers and food businesses. At the same time, it gives schools the opportunity to offer healthy and local products in their cafeteria.
Schools have until April 24th to apply.
ag report, ag program, united states department of agriculture, ag watch
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled 53 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos