USDA offers Farm to School grants
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The U.S. Department of Agriculture is now taking applications for its "Farm to School" grants.
The $5-million program helps connect schools with their local farmers, ranchers and food businesses. At the same time, it gives schools the opportunity to offer healthy and local products in their cafeteria.
Schools have until April 24th to apply.
ag report, ag program, united states department of agriculture, ag watch
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Fresno teen with cystic fibrosis to get lung transplant
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos