USDA offers Farm to School grants
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The U.S. Department of Agriculture is now taking applications for its "Farm to School" grants.
The $5-million program helps connect schools with their local farmers, ranchers and food businesses. At the same time, it gives schools the opportunity to offer healthy and local products in their cafeteria.
Schools have until April 24th to apply.
ag report, ag program, united states department of agriculture, ag watch
- Malaysian official: Investigators conclude jet hijacked 28 min ago
- SW Fresno crash sends 12 people to hospital
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer 13 min ago
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder 15 min ago
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- YouTube: Newborn Gorilla Recovers After Emergency...
- John Hancock observatory in Chicago to Tilt