Large response to Ag Census
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- There was an overwhelming response by California farmers to the 2012 Census of Agriculture.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture says state farmers have submitted thousands of forms. Ag officials say participating in the census helps provide a better picture of the ag industry in California, which is a very big part of the country's economy.
Farmers had until February 4th to submit their census forms, but those who missed the deadline will receive another form in the mail to give them another chance to be represented.
ag report, united states department of agriculture, ag watch
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops 40 min ago
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Man wanted for shooting near Fresno ice rink arrested
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- HWY 41 opens near Tenaya Lodge after closed due to snow
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall