Large response to Ag Census
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- There was an overwhelming response by California farmers to the 2012 Census of Agriculture.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture says state farmers have submitted thousands of forms. Ag officials say participating in the census helps provide a better picture of the ag industry in California, which is a very big part of the country's economy.
Farmers had until February 4th to submit their census forms, but those who missed the deadline will receive another form in the mail to give them another chance to be represented.
ag report, united states department of agriculture, ag watch
- Feds look to protect frogs, toad in Sierra Nevada 2 min ago
- Native American remains found during fishing trip 46 min ago
- 18-month-old child dies in Kern County house fire 32 min ago
- Mariposa fire evacuees are heading home
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini, 51, dies
- Brian Calhoun pleads not guilty in student attack
- Fresno City Manager Mark Scott resigns
- Panel restores some pay for California lawmakers, governor
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Porterville to vote on gay pride proclamation
- Dave Chappelle is back with new Funny or Die tour