Recent freeze slows strawberry production
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- It might be a little tough to get chocolate-covered strawberries this Valentine's Day.
Growers say last month's freezing temperatures have slowed strawberry production. They says it's fairly normal for supply to be tight around this time, but a run of recent cold temperatures has slowed growth even further.
However, a possible warming ahead should help production increase in the coming weeks.
ag report, strawberry, ag watch
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach over trash dispute
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest
- Enforcing water restrictions in Madera County and City
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels