The first American pears have reached China
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An agreement between the two countries allowed China to accept the first pear shipment last week.
A company in China has been importing fruit from many countries, including the U.S., since 1988 -- but never American pears. That changed last week, thanks to a new deal between the U.S. Agriculture Department and Chinese authorities.
ag report, pear, china, ag watch
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge 50 min ago
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all 27 min ago
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans Killed by Drones
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community
- Unemployment applications fall by 23,000
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system