Cal-Poly announces new strawberry research center
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Farmers in California could soon learn new ways of growing and marketing strawberries.
Cal-Poly San Luis Obispo and the California Strawberry Commission announced a new research center will open at the school's campus. The commission is spending $1-million to fund the center.
Besides growing and marketing the fruit, the research center will also focus on water use, berry packaging and pest control.
ag report, strawberry, ag program, ag research, ag watch
- Deputies shoot, kill suspect west of Fresno
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- 10 more bodies found inside South Korean ferry 3 min ago
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession 41 min ago
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station 59 min ago
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- California regulators propose coyote-killing ban 16 min ago
- More Latino than white students admitted to UC 24 min ago
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Easter Brunch recipe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos