California farms small in size compared to other states
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- According to a new report, farms in the Golden State are still significantly smaller than the national average.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture says the average California farm totaled only 316 acres -- that's more than a hundred acres less than the average in other states.
The report also said the number of farms in California is slightly fewer than last year.
ag report, united states department of agriculture, agriculture, ag watch
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal 11 min ago
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos