Many farmers increase crop insurance coverage
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Last year's drought is still on the minds of farmers, prompting them to change their insurance policies.
Besides the drought, rising input costs and crop values are causing many farmers to take more crop insurance coverage. Farmers have until March 15th to sign up for Federal Crop Insurance, and many of them are taking more coverage than in previous years.
Experts say last year's record drought -- which is still present in some areas -- proved the value of Federal Crop Insurance, and motivated farmers to sign up with the program.
ag report, ag program, ag watch
- Reward raised to $100K to find Ryan Rodriquez 11 min ago
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home