Many farmers increase crop insurance coverage
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Last year's drought is still on the minds of farmers, prompting them to change their insurance policies.
Besides the drought, rising input costs and crop values are causing many farmers to take more crop insurance coverage. Farmers have until March 15th to sign up for Federal Crop Insurance, and many of them are taking more coverage than in previous years.
Experts say last year's record drought -- which is still present in some areas -- proved the value of Federal Crop Insurance, and motivated farmers to sign up with the program.
ag report, ag program, ag watch
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 51 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs