Many farmers increase crop insurance coverage
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Last year's drought is still on the minds of farmers, prompting them to change their insurance policies.
Besides the drought, rising input costs and crop values are causing many farmers to take more crop insurance coverage. Farmers have until March 15th to sign up for Federal Crop Insurance, and many of them are taking more coverage than in previous years.
Experts say last year's record drought -- which is still present in some areas -- proved the value of Federal Crop Insurance, and motivated farmers to sign up with the program.
ag report, ag program, ag watch
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Car crashes into a parade injuring around 60 people 17 min ago
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
- Grass fire contained in Fresno County
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos