New safety recommendations for cantaloupe growers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The National Cantaloupe Guidance has released a new resource to help anyone involved in growing or processing cantaloupes. The tool focuses on developing ways to ensure the highest level of food safety in cantaloupe production.
The new recommendations come after three people died and more than two hundred were sickened by a salmonella outbreak linked to cantaloupes last year.
ag report, cantaloupe, melons, ag watch
- Fresno woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Lemoore considers tough water rules 46 min ago
- Suspicious bags found by Boston Marathon scene
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Tulare County-based drug smuggling ring busted
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Photos: Blood Moon seen across Valley skies
- Man rushes past security at Fresno airport
- Photos: Tax Day deals and freebies
- Drivers in California crash had clean records