California Cabbage growers preparing for Saint Patrick's Day
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Corned beef and cabbage are synonymous with the holiday. California farmers say they're increasing their production to meet the up-to-75-percent increase in demand this time of year.
California leads the nation in cabbage production with about one-quarter of the total crop coming from the Golden State. Farmers do say this year's crop is smaller than usual, which could lead to higher prices at the grocery store.
ag report, cabbage, ag watch
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Teen kicked in head taking selfie in front...
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos