Fresno State opens new farm market
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Spring is nearly here, and that means fresh fruits, vegetables and more. Now there's a new place to pick up all your fresh products from Fresno State.
The Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology will host a ribbon cutting ceremony celebrating the grand opening of the new Rue and Gwen Gibson Farm Market on Monday.
The new facility will be nearly twice the size of the current market and will feature an ice cream counter and wine tasting room.
The new market was made possible by a $1.5 million bequest from the estate of Joyce Gibson. When the gift was announced in 2008, the farm market was renamed to honor her parents, Rue and Gwen Gibson.
fresno northeast, fresno, fresno county, farmers market, ag program, ag watch, amanda venegas
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals