Fresno State opens new farm market
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Spring is nearly here, and that means fresh fruits, vegetables and more. Now there's a new place to pick up all your fresh products from Fresno State.
The Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology will host a ribbon cutting ceremony celebrating the grand opening of the new Rue and Gwen Gibson Farm Market on Monday.
The new facility will be nearly twice the size of the current market and will feature an ice cream counter and wine tasting room.
The new market was made possible by a $1.5 million bequest from the estate of Joyce Gibson. When the gift was announced in 2008, the farm market was renamed to honor her parents, Rue and Gwen Gibson.
fresno northeast, fresno, fresno county, farmers market, ag program, ag watch, amanda venegas
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified 22 min ago
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- Accuweather Forecast
51 min ago