Progress made in fighting Asian citrus psyllid
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Researchers, farmers, and government agencies say they're making progress in the fight against citrus disease.
The California Department of Food and Agriculture says it's constantly monitoring for citrus greening -- a disease carried by the Asian citrus psyllid.
So far, there is no cure for the disease, but officials say there is research underway showing promise of detecting and fighting it.
ag report, citrus, citrus - lemon, citrus - lime, citrus - mandarin, citrus - orange, citrus - tangerine, ag watch
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos