Researchers work on super-tomatoes
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- We could soon see tomatoes that are extra-good for our health.
Researchers with U.C.L.A. say they have genetically engineered tomatoes that re-create the actions of good cholesterol. They say their early study found that mice that ate those tomatoes had less inflammation and plaque build-up in their arteries.
The tomatoes have not been tested on humans yet. The creation was published in the April issue of the journal of lipid research.
ag report, tomato, ag research, ag watch
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Fire Safety