Record California pistachio harvest in 2012
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The 2012 pistachio harvest is the largest California has ever recorded.
According to a new report, California growers harvested 551-million pounds of pistachios during the 2012 season. That was partly due to better yields, as well as an increase in acreage for the year.
Although last year's production was larger than any other year, the value of the crop was not as high as it was two years prior.
ag report, pistachio, nut, ag watch
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting 19 min ago
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say 8 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Did Craigslist play role in Madera Co....
8 min ago