Wine sales up in the US
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Sales of wine in the United States went up by two-percent last year, setting a new record.
Industry experts say more than 360-million cases of U.S. wines were sold in 2012. More than half of those came from California wineries.
Experts say wines are gaining popularity in American households, leading to a 50-percent increase in wine shipments to the U.S. since 2001.
ag report, ag watch
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- Fire Safety