Wine sales up in the US
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Sales of wine in the United States went up by two-percent last year, setting a new record.
Industry experts say more than 360-million cases of U.S. wines were sold in 2012. More than half of those came from California wineries.
Experts say wines are gaining popularity in American households, leading to a 50-percent increase in wine shipments to the U.S. since 2001.
ag report, ag watch
- AMBER ALERT: Boy, 12, abducted in Long Beach 4 min ago
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Chowchilla 39 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery