Bill may require public institutions to buy California produce
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A bill cleared a committee this week that would require prisons, schools, and other public institutions to give preference to California farm products.
Institutions under the "Choose California" act would have to buy California agriculture products if the price is within five-percent of the lowest out-of-state competitor.
The bill will now move to another committee for fiscal review.
ag report, ag program, ag watch
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl 56 min ago
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies 36 min ago
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos