Strawberry production in California continues to climb
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Growers say they got plenty of fruit after a cold snap slowed ripening earlier this year. The increase comes just in time, as the traditional peak season for California strawberries gets underway.
On top of that, the number of strawberry acres is also going up. This year's expected acreage is more than six-percent higher than last year.
ag report, strawberry, ag watch
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos