California avocado growers ready for Cinco De Mayo
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner, and that means big business for avocado growers.
The California Avocado Commission expects Americans to consume a record-breaking 87.3 million pounds of avocados for Cinco de Mayo celebrations.
The news is even better for California growers since avocado season is already underway, and supply is expected to be enough to meet demand.
ag report, avocado, ag watch
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs 47 min ago
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report 43 min ago
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: 2 dead after car hits crowd at SXSW
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low